I thought I would share something from the Bed In A Box.com website...
There are a large number of companies who have jumped on the memory foam band wagon. The reasons are:
- The leading manufacturers of memory foam mattresses have become massively successful. They spend fortunes on advertising which reaches millions of people who get exposed to the whole concept of pressure relief and memory foam technology.
- Spring mattress companies have watched memory foam mattress sales eat into their multi-billion dollar market share.
- Smaller companies, including us, have watched in amazement as the world pays top dollar for a chance at a good night's sleep on this new stuff called memory foam.
- Most companies have copied the leading manufacturers in some significant way to get their own piece of the pie. They call their foam NASA foam and they play the “bigger is better” density game and they work like crazy to make the bed look expensive.
- Our competitors have all made it their business to capitalize on the success of memory foam. Memory foam really works and the industry is growing at a record pace. But a memory foam mattress will NEVER be worth $4000! It's worth about half that and that’s what we charge for our highest end model.